Serves: 1 or as required
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Hint: This is a delicious treat whilst watching sport on TV. Wash down with a cold beer.
- 2 slices brown bread
- 5 ml (1 t) mustard
- 1 slice ham, trimmed to fit bread
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ avo, skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 30 ml (2 T) full cream milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying
- Spread one of the bread slices lightly with mustard. Top with ham, cheese and avo slices. Cover with second bread slice and sandwich together.
- Beat the egg and full cream milk together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture into a shallow dish.
- Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture, turn around and soak well.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil over medium heat and fry the sandwich on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot.