What we do for Industry
Occasionally the question is put what SAPA actually does for the industry. This is a valid question that requires regular reconsideration. Recent issues that SAPA has dealt with:
- Agricultural trade policy
- Curtailing smuggling
- Food safety issues
- Veterinary matters
- Feed matters
- Training and technology transfer
- Congresses, exhibitions and workshops
- Member liason and information dissemination
- Generic advertising of eggs
- Developing poultry farmers
- Target group liason
- Individual committees attend to sub-sector specifics
- Codes of practice
- Accreditation of hatcheries
- Monitoring of developments in the industry’s environment
SAPA is indeed a medium and catalyst for any matter the industry wishes to collectively address.
Click here to read about the history, origin and strategic milestones of the South African Poultry Association.
View the current members of the important boards related to the poultry industry.