This egg salad makes a delicious filling for rolls, baguettes or health bread. Perfect for lunch boxes or road trips, as it keeps well in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 -3 days.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) whole grain mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 stalk celery, very finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika to sprinkle
- Sliced health bread or baguette, to serve
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Roughly chop all (or only 4 if you want some whole eggs for presentation) hard-boiled eggs and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash slightly with a fork to break up yolks.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, celery and chives and mix until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using a baguette, slice in half lengthwise and spread the egg salad on the bottom half.
- Sprinkle egg salad with paprika.
- Garnish with chives and top with the other half of the baguette or slice of bread.