Cooking time : 35 minutes
Hint: Perfect for a Sunday night supper or lunch box
- 3 large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 65 ml oil (¼ cup)
- 200 ml (4/5 cup) cake flour
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and mashed with a fork (The perfect boiled egg)
- 300 g (1 can) corned beef, separated with a fork
- 250 ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Mix the egg, milk and oil together.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together and stir in the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Divide and spoon the mixture amongst 6 large or 12 medium-sized greased muffin pans.
- Mix the hard boiled eggs, corned beef, cheese, onion and cayenne pepper together.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the batter in the muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve muffins hot or cold.