This recipe makes a delicious brunch or dinner meal. Leftover roast veggies can be used in place of the butternut. A tin of kidney beans or chickpeas can be added to the sauce to stretch the meal further.
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 500g butternut, diced
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried mixed herbs
- 5ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 440g can Spicy Tomato Onion Relish
- 100ml – 200ml vegetable stock
- 4- 6 large eggs
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Avocado guacamole or avocado slices
- Pickled jalapeño (optional)
- Fresh coriander.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Toss the butternut with the olive oil, dried herbs, and paprika and place in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for 15 – 20 minutes until soft, cooked through and slightly charred.
- Heat the tomato onion relish in a deep frying pan, add the stock and cook on high for 5 minutes until bubbling, add the roast butternut.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, break the eggs into the sauce and poach until the egg whites lose their opaqueness and the yolks are done to your liking.
- Heat the tacos according to instructions on the packet. Serve with the tacos, avocado guacamole or fresh avocado slices, jalapeño, and fresh coriander.