Cooking time : 1 hour
Hint: nstead of ham, use chopped fried and flavoured chicken breasts, bacon or smoked fish.A savoury biscuit and crust can be used instead of pastry crust.
- 1 roll short crust pastry, defrosted
- 4 extra large eggs
- 2 x 250 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 thick slices cooked ham, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese (if you use smoked fish use a milder cheese such as Tusser’s or Gouda)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Unroll the puff pastry and line a pie dish. Prick pastry with a fork. Cover pastry with grease proof paper and fill with dried beans. Bake pastry shell for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and the sour cream together. Flavour mixture with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pastry shell from the oven. Sprinkle over the ham, bacon, chicken or smoked fish and then the cheese. Pour over the cream and egg mixture.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20-30 minutes until the cream and egg topping is well set and firm.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving