Cooking time : 1 hour
Hint: The meringue cases can stand for ± 2 hours filled (not refrigerated) before serving. After this period it will start going soggy.
- 120 g egg whites (± 4 extra large eggs)
- 250 ml (1 cup) castor sugar
- 15 ml (1 T) corn flour
- 2,5 ml (½ t) cream of tartar
- Lemod Curd
- Whip egg whites until stiff. Mix in the cream of tartar.
- Reserve 60 ml castor sugar and mix with corn flour. Set aside.
- Add the remainder of the castor sugar, one tablespoon at a time, to the egg white mixture while whipping continuously.
- Fold in the corn flour mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a small star nozzle and pipe small nests.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 140ºC. Allow to cool.
- Fill with lemon curd and serve.