Serves: 6 – 8
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Hint: As this is an expensive dish it is recommended that it is served for more special occasions.
- 12 large eggs
- 50 g (½ cups) Parmesan, grated
- 375 ml (1½ cups) cream
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 200 g smoked salmon, slices
- 15 g (¼ cups) fresh dill, chopped
- 100 g Camembert, sliced into wedges
- zest of 1 lemon
- extra dill sprigs and lemon zest, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Lightly grease a large frying pan and bring to low-heat (the pan must be able to fit into your oven and have a metal- or handle capable of handling the heat of the oven).
- Lightly beat the eggs, parmesan and cream and stir in the spring onions.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and keep on low heat, do not stir. Cook for ± 3-4 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for further 3 – 5 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from oven and top with salmon rosettes and Camembert wedges.
- Garnish with lemon zest and dill sprigs and serve immediately.