Serves 2 – 4
Preparation time 1 hour
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 15ml garlic flakes
- 500g boerewors, sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 500ml full cream milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 potatoes, sliced and partly cooked
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion until translucent, mix in the garlic flakes and cook for a few more seconds.
- Add the boerewors and yellow pepper and continue to cook until the boerewors is cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard and cheese.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish and add the sausage mixture, top with the potatoes.
- Pour in the egg mixture, dot with the butter and bake uncovered until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serve while still hot.