Any leftover vegetables and potato can be used to make this dish, roast veggies and smashed sweet potato make a delicious combo! Diced ham, or cooked bacon can also be added. This recipe makes a quick and economical dinner that is both satisfying and tasty.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 cooked medium potatoes or boiled baby potatoes (about 325g)
- 325g cooked cabbage (or any leftover veggies)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15-30ml (1 -2 tbsp) curry powder
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2-4 fresh eggs
- Cucumber Riata (optional – plain yoghurt with chopped cucumber)
- Chilli oil (optional)
- Fresh coriander
- Place the cooked potatoes on a chopping board and roughly cut them up. Add the other cooked vegetables and roughly chop up. Place them all into a bowl, add the eggs and curry and mix well. Divide the mixture into 4 and roughly shape into 4 patty shaped cakes.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and fry the cakes for about 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- Fry the eggs in the pan according to your liking. Serve fried eggs on top of the hash cakes, with a dollop of raita and drizzled with chilli oil and atchar. Garnish with coriander.