Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 large cauliflower head, about 800g
- 150 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 g (± 4 tbsp.) flour
- 100 g (± 1½ cups) dried breadcrumbs
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) mixed dried herb seasoning
- 1-2 eggs, depending on size
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Flat leaf parsley to serve
For the Spicy Fried Eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) paprika
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- Splash of olive oil for frying
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the cauliflower all the way through from the crown to the base into a thick “steak” about 1,5 cm thick each.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese, flour, breadcrumbs and seasoning in a plate or shallow flat bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg lightly with a pinch of salt.
- Dip the cauli-steaks into the egg mixture and then coat both sides in the Parmesan mixture.
- Place on a greased oven tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
For the eggs
- Gently heat the paprika, garlic, chilli and butter in a small pan. Take off the heat and keep aside. Fry the eggs in olive oil until crispy and remove from the pan.
- To serve, top the cauliflower steaks with the fried eggs, drizzle with chilli and garlic butter and garnish with lemon wedges and flat leaf parsley.