Cooking time : 30 minutes
Hint: The filled pancakes is a good choice for a late breakfast or brunch.
- 250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- 2,5 ml (½ t) salt
- 3 extra large eggs
- 180 ml (¾ cup) milk
- ±150 ml water
- 5 ml (1 t) lemon juice or white vinegar
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- extra oil for baking
Fillings and Toppings:
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced and fried
- 1 red pepper, roasted and cut into strips
- 8 – 10 large eggs, scrambled
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs, milk, water and lemon juice or vinegar together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Use a non-stick or slightly greased frying pan. Bake pancakes one at a time and stack. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling and topping ingredients. Set aside and keep warm.
- To assemble pancakes: Fill individual pancakes with scrambled egg and mushroom filling. Roll up and cut each roll in half. Place rolls alongside each other on a heated serving platter and scatter roasted red pepper strips over for garnishing.