Serves: 1 or as required
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Hint: A filling will make this a complete substantial meal
- 2 eggs
- 15 ml (1T) water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 g butter
- roasted vegetables
- grated cheese, mixed with chopped parsley
- chopped ham and tomato
- flaked tuna
- To make the omelette: Beat the egg, water, salt and pepper together.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan until it starts to bubble.
- Swirl the pan around for the butter to cover the whole surface and then pour in the egg mixture. Tilt the pan to cover the entire base with egg.
- Use a spatula and draw the sides of the omelette into the centre and let any extra liquid egg run to the edges. Cover the pan with a lid or even a dinner plate and remove when the omelette is almost set.
- Spoon your preferred filling onto one half of the omelette and, using the spatula, turn the other half over the filling. Tilt the pan and slide the omelette onto a dinner plate. Serve.