Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 burgers of your choice, cooked to your liking
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 fresh large eggs
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 burger rolls, halved and toasted
- 4 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- Fried onion rings (optional)
- Lettuce, chopped, for serving
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 gherkins, sliced
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, when hot (don’t do this before the oil is hot) break the eggs into the pan, take care it might splatter. Cook the eggs until done to your liking.
- To assemble; top each patty with 2 slices of cheese.
- Spread the mayo onto the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Place a patty on the bottom halves of the rolls, then add the lettuce, tomato, onion rings and gherkins and carefully top each with a fried egg.
- Serve immediately.