Cooking time: 45 Minutes
Hint: Chopped left over meat such as chicken or beef can be used to replace the bacon and viennas.
- 3 slices white bread, roughly crumbled
- 30 g (2 T) butter or margarine
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 125 g bacon, chopped
- 200 g (2 cups) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 vienna sausages, drained and chopped, or a mixture of salami and sausages of your choice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ml (1 t) mustard powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 30 ml (2 T) parsley, chopped
- 10 baby tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Heat the bread, butter or margarine and the milk together over medium heat until just boiling. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into a pie dish and dot with the baby tomatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the pie is golden brown and set.
- Serve hot or cold as a complete meal. Cold left over slices are delicious for lunch box treats.