Cooking time : 40 minutes
Hint: This can also be served with a poached egg.
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 400 g cans red beans, drained
- 16 baby tomatoes
- 4 – 6 extra large eggs
- 4 slices toast (optional)
- fresh coriander leaves, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chopped onion, green pepper, red chilli (if used) and garlic clove to the pan. Stir fry together for 6 minutes.
- Mix in the beans and baby tomatoes and heat together for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime: Make the toast and fry the eggs in a separate pan.
- Serve the fried eggs on a bed of the bean mixture together with a slice of toast and a generous sprinkling of coriander leaves.