Cooking Time : 1 hour
- 12 eggs, hard boiled and peeled (See The perfect boiled egg)
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 1 x 70 g packet white onion soup powder
- 50 ml curry powder
- prepared rice, pap or cous cous
- fresh coriander leaves and chopped chilli to garnish (optional)
- Keep hard boiled and peeled eggs aside.
- Mix water, milk, onion soup powder and curry powder together in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-heat while stirring frequently to avoid lumps forming. When the mixture starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in halve and place on a bed of rice, pap or cous cous.
- Pour the hot curry sauce over the egg halves. Garnish with coriander leaves and chopped chilli (if desired).
- Serve immediately accompanied by a chopped tomato, cucumber and onion salad (optional).