Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 – 6 minutes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Small pinch cinnamon
- 1 slice day old bread
- 1 tablespoon (15g) butter or oil
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla essence.
- Heat the butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and coat both sides well.
- Put dipped bread into hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve warm with a spoonful of cream cheese or with sliced banana or blueberries.
Tip: You can use up any leftover bread for this recipe. Try sliced French bread, fruit loaf or multigrain bread for something different.