- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter or neutral oil
- 300g (2 cups) flour
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Maple syrup / honey & fresh berries, for serving
- In a large bowl- whisk together milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Set batter aside and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Wipe the pan with a piece of paper towel dipped in neutral oil.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter per pancake into the hot pan.
- Cook on the first side until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until both sides are golden brown. Transfer to a plate in a warm oven.
- Repeat using the remaining batter.
- Stack pancakes and top with fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Stack pancakes between wax paper or baking paper, and place in a Ziplock / resealable bag to freeze.
Microwave: Place frozen pancakes on a microwave-safe plate, and microwave for 20 seconds intervals checking until warm and soft.
Oven: Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place the desired number of frozen pancakes in a flat layer on a baking tray and cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, until the pancakes are warm and soft.