Thursday 31 August 2023
These rules apply to the ‘Egg Yolk’ competition (hereinafter referred to as “the competition”). This competition is being run by: The South African Poultry Association (SAPA). By entering the competition, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound to these rules.
- WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION START AND END?
The competition starts at 09h00 Thursday 31st August and will continue until 16h00 Monday 4th September 2023. This is the competition period. SAPA reserves the right to extend the duration of the competition, subject to these terms and conditions.
- WHO MAY ENTER THE COMPETITION? (WHO QUALIFIES FOR ENTRY INTO THE RANDOM DRAW?)
All natural persons residing in South Africa, including South African Citizens and Foreign Nationals over the age of 18 years may enter the competition. To qualify to receive the prize you must have a valid and an operational South African bank account. You must also have complied with all competition mechanics which are elaborated on in the “How to enter” section (point 4).
- WHO MAY NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION?
The following persons may not take part in this competition even if they qualify to enter. They will forfeit (give up) any prizes awarded to them:
- SAPA employees i.e., director(s), member(s), partner(s), employee(s), and their respective promotional or advertising agency(s), or consultant(s) involved with this competition.
- Any supplier of goods and services in connection with this competition.
- The spouse, life partner, siblings, children, or parents of any of the persons named above.
- Legal Entities
- HOW TO ENTER?
One entrant, with the correct answer, will be randomly selected (by SAPA) to win R1500 cash.
- HOW WE WILL DELIVER YOUR PRIZE TO YOU
The R1500 cash prize will be paid into the winner’s personal South African bank account via EFT. The organisers will contact the winner via private message on Facebook/Instagram to obtain identity and banking details. Prizes will be deposited into the winner’s account within 30 (thirty) working days of receiving banking details.
- HOW WILL WINNER BE NOTIFIED?
The winner will be notified via a private inbox message on Facebook/Instagram and their name will be announced on the EGGcellentFood Facebook and EGGcellentFoodSA Instagram pages on Thursday 7th September 2023.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF SAPA CANNOT CONTACT THE WINNER OR IF THE WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE?
If SAPA is unable to get hold of any prize winner(s) within 7 (seven) days after the prize announcement date, SAPA will select another winner/s and the prize will be awarded to the lucky winner/s who has/have met all the conditions of the competition rules.
- SAPA has the right to end this competition at any time. If this happens, SAPA will publish a notice on Facebook, and you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this competition and acknowledge that you will have no rights against SAPA.
- SAPA reserves the right to change the rules of the competition. SAPA will publish changes on SAPA’s website: SA Poultry and SAPA’s Facebook EGGcellentFood and Instagram EGGcellentFoodSA
- Although the sponsor and promotional company is aware of possible fraudulent submissions, and will endeavour to identify them, it is not always possible due to the high number of entries received.
- The sponsor and promotional company reserves the right to disqualify contestants should they believe that the submission is fraudulent. Submissions which may be deemed fraudulent, may include, but are not restricted to the below:
- Winners are required to submit a valid South African identity document. The Facebook/Instagram name used must correspond with the name on the South African identity document for verification purposes.
- In order to receive the cash prize, the winner is required to have an operational South African bank account.
- Anyone found to be using multiple Facebook accounts to enter will be excluded from the prize draws. Likewise for entries that the Organisers suspect to be duplicated or computer generated for the purpose of this competition. The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant who they feel has not acted in a fair, legitimate manner.
- The winner will be drawn from the database of valid entries received on the competition day by means of an electronic random lucky draw. The first randomly selected entry drawn will, subject to the T’s & C’s, be declared the winner/s of the prize/s.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be required to respond directly to the inbox message received, alerting them as being a winner, and provide the Organisers with a copy of his/her valid South African identity document. The prize will be fulfilled within 30 working days post verification of winner details. The name on the winner’s identity document must correspond with their name on the Facebook competition entry
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Organisers will be final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended is shown above. It is your responsibility to check the websites for amendments to these rules.
- The participant agrees not to hold SAPA legally responsible for any discrepancies or errors caused due to the software and/or handset a participant used.
- The participant will not hold SAPA liable for any technical errors originating from the SAPA hosting website, (Facebook), network suppliers and other service providers.
- Participants are responsible for any data, cell phone or any other charges necessary to enable participants to gain the necessary network or internet access to be able to access Facebook to enter the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason, including technical and IT reasons. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Any Facebook promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are disclosing your information to SAPA and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion, you release Facebook from any and all liability in relation to the promotion.
- The prizes are not exchangeable/transferable for any other prize.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as SAPA may require. The selection of winners will remain final.
- Any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.