- 500ml boiling water
- 30ml vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 4 bagels, toasted
- 100g smoked trout, thinly sliced
- 200g baby spinach, blanched
- 2 dill fronds, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan pour the 500ml boiling water and vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once the water starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Crack open the eggs one at a time into separate ramekins or egg poaching cups.
- Drop the poaching cups into the water. For a firm white and runny yolk, you’ll want to poach for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon once done to your liking and set aside.
- Slice bagels in half, and toast.
- Layer blanched spinach onto the bagel halves, followed by the smoked trout and poached eggs and top with chopped dill.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the assembled bagel. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.