This curry makes a quick and wholesome meal. Lentil or chickpeas can be added to bulk it up or stretch the leftovers for another meal.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 30ml (2 tbsp) curry paste
- 1 x 400g can tomato Passata or smooth tomato puree
- 1 x 400g can coconut milk
- 8 large eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- Seasoning, to taste
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Roti or rice, to serve
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion slices and sauté until softened, adding a splash of water if necessary to prevent catching on the bottom. Cook until lightly caramelized and golden brown, approximately 10 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato and coconut milk and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and add to the curry, season and heat through for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and lemon wedges.
- Serve with roti for lunch or with steamed rice for a light supper