A delicious one pan summery dish that will feed a hungry family with ease.
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 large peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 baby marrows, chopped
- 1 brinjal, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 5ml (1 tsp) mixed dried herbs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 400g tomato pasta sauce
- 100g red pesto
- 4-6 eggs
- 10 green olives, no pips
- 100g crumbled feta
- Fresh herbs, chopped to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200° Place all the vegetables in a casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil, mixed dried herbs and garlic. Season well.
- Bake in preheated oven until the vegetables are soft and slightly charred, about 15-20 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and pesto and cook until heated through.
- Using the back of a spoon make an indentation in the vegetables and crack an egg into each indentation.
Bake uncovered until the eggs are cooked to your liking, about 5-8 minutes. Garnish with feta, olives and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.