- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (4 T) biltong, finely chopped (or biltong powder
- 30 ml (2 T) sweet chilli sauce
- 30 ml (2 T) fat free smooth cottage cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices home style brown bread
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced, to garnish
- extra sweet chilli sauce, to garnish (optional)
- Hard-boil the eggs (5 – 6 minutes on a rolling boil). Allow to cool.
- Once the eggs are cool, roughly chop them.
- Mix together the eggs, biltong, sweet chilli sauce and cottage cheese.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread slices. Using a round cookie cutter, press 4 rounds out of every slice.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the toast rounds.
- Garnish with spring onion, a dollop of sweet chilli sauce and serve.