Cooking time : 15 minutes
Hint: To make a deluxe sandwich, include crispy fried bacon and mozzarella cheese.
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large pickled gherkin, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh watercress, chopped
- extra watercress for garnishing
- 30 ml (2 T) mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices buttered brown bread
- Place fresh asparagus in boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and place pot under tap with cold running water so that the asparagus can cool off immediately. Drain.
- Serve the asparagus with hollandaise sauce as a starter or as an accompaniment to a main meal.