Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 12 hard boiled eggs (The perfect boiled egg)
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- To garnish – gherkins, Peppadews, smoked salmon, fresh dill, cayenne pepper & fresh parsley
- Carefully peel the eggs and halve horizontally using a sharp knife. Slice a small horizontal piece of the bottom of the egg white so that the egg can stay in position and not slide around on the serving plate.
- Carefully remove the hard boiled yolks from the whites, using a teaspoon.
- Push the hard boiled eggs through a sieve and mix in the mayonnaise or process until smooth together with the mayonnaise.
- Use a teaspoon or piping bag with a decorative nozzle to pipe the smooth egg yolk mixture into the cavities of the egg whites.
- Garnish with any or all of the following: gherkin slices, sliced Peppadews, sliced smoked salmon and dill, a sprinkling of cayenne pepper, parsley sprigs.