Serves: 1 or as required
Cooking time : 10 Minutes
Hint: This is an ideal option for a celebratory breakfast or brunch.
- 10 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 15 ml water, milk or cream
- 1 croissant, slightly heated and sliced in half
- 1 strip smoked salmon, sliced into smaller strips
- fresh dill sprigs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a heavy based, medium-sized frying pan over medium-heat.
- Beat the egg and water, milk or cream together and pour into the warm pan. Using a wooden spoon or spatula gently stir (scramble) the egg mixture. A lower heat is advisable for scrambling eggs.
- Remove from pan when the mixture is still soft, moist and creamy. (The egg will still be cooking even after you had removed it from the heat.)
- Spoon the warm scrambled egg into the heated croissant.
- Top with salmon strips and dill sprigs.
- Season and serve immediately.