This recipe makes an economical dinner, served with steamed green veggies or salad. Cold portions are delicious in lunch packs or for padkos.
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 30ml (2 tbsp) English mustard powder
- 50ml (2 heaped tablespoons) plain flour
- Salt & pepper
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 65g (1 cup) grated mature cheddar cheese
- 500g can corned beef, broken up
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a quiche dish or baking tray. Whisk the eggs and milk together, add in the mustard, flour, and seasoning and whisk to ensure no lumps. Add the onion, half the parsley, grated cheese, and corned beef. Stir to combine. Pour into greased ovenproof dish and bake for approximately 1 hour until golden brown and set.
- Serve warm with a salad or cold for a picnic or padkos.