Serves 2 – 4
Preparation time 45 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
Ingredients for broth
- 10ml (2 tsp) ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 1litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 250g (1 punnett) button mushrooms, sliced
- 250g egg noodles, cook per packet instructions
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 green chili, sliced, optional
- 2 large eggs, boiled to your liking
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, leaves only
- Place the chicken on a plate and season well. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken until golden on both sides. Remove, cover and keep warm until ready to use.
- For the broth, use the same pan and add the ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and stir to combine and cook for a few seconds. Add the stock, cover and bring to the boil. Remove the lid and simmer for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes and season to taste.
- To assemble the bowl, slice the chicken into thin pieces, place the noodles into a deep serving bowl, add the chicken and pour the broth over. Top with the spring onions, chili and the eggs, serve immediately with a few coriander leaves.