Cooking time : 1 hour 30 minutes
Hint: Use mature cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan.
- 500 g pasta of your choice
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- In the meantime, fry the chopped bacon in heated oil until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and cream together. Set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and place back into the cooking pot. Mix in the cooked bacon pieces and then stir in the egg mixture. Mix well so that all the pasta is covered with the mixture. (The warm pasta will “cook” the egg mixture).
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and fresh grated black pepper.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls and serve immediately.