Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 egg yolks
- 400ml fresh cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g Parmesan cheese, divided
- 50g butter
- 100g bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Spaghetti for 2 servings (approximately 75g dry pasta per serving)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce for the pasta. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and cream with a dash of salt, some black pepper and half the Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat, add the bacon to the pan and cook until crispy, add the garlic and toss to combine, turn the stove off but leave the pan on it to remain warm.
- Cook the spaghetti in the boiling water and al dente, drain well in a colander.
- Transfer the pasta to the bowl with the egg mixture, mix briskly and tip it into the frying pan with the bacon mixture, make sure the stove is switched off or the egg will scramble, you only want the residue heat to warm the pasta and egg mixture.
Serve immediately on warm plates, garnish with parsley and a grinding of black pepper. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan cheese.