- 9 extra large eggs
- 125ml cream
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 125g (±1 cup) mature cheddar, grated
- ½ onion, diced
- 100g (±1 cup) asparagus
- 100g (±1 cup) tenderstem broccoli
- 150g (±1 cup) peas
- 150g baby vine tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Micro herbs & lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl with the cream, chilli flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir through the cheddar and set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a 25cm oven-proof or cast-iron pan. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add broccoli and asparagus and cook until almost tender. Add the peas and cook for a minute. Season to taste.
- (The veggies will continue to cook in the oven so keep them crunchy.)
- Pour the egg mixture into your pan, stir to arrange the veg evenly.
- Cook for a few minutes until the edges of the frittata start to pull away from the pan.
- Add the vine tomatoes.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake until set, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the frittata with micro herbs and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Wrap cooked and cooled frittata (whole or in portions) in cling film and freeze.
Defrost frittata uncovered in the fridge overnight.
Place frittata on a baking tray and reheat in the oven at 180˚C until warmed through.