Serves: 12 Medium sized or 6 large muffins
Cooking time : 1 hour
Hint: Serve hot with butter or with scrambled egg
- 5 eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) cooking oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
- 12,5 ml (2½ t) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) dry mustard
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 375 ml (1½ cups) cooked broccoli
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ml (2 t ) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Beat the eggs and cooking oil together
- Sift the flour, baking powder, mustard and salt together and mix in with the egg mixture.
- Chop the broccoli coarsely and mix with the chopped onion. Add to egg and flour mixture. Mix lightly.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin pans and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until done.
- Leave to cool slightly and remove from pan.