- 12 extra large eggs
- 125ml cream
- ½ cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 chilli, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn, cut off the cob (or frozen)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 60g (½ cup) mozzarella, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and grease a 12-cup cupcake tin.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large frying pan.
- Add spring onion, garlic and chilli. Cook until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper and corn and cook until tender.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted and all water evaporates. Remove from the heat and stir through the cheese.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and cream together. Season well.
- Evenly distribute the veggies into the cupcake tin.
- Pour egg mixture over veggies.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and set.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Wrap cooked and cooled muffins tightly with cling film and place in a Ziplock bag and freeze.
Defrost muffins in the fridge or covered on the counter.
Oven: Place muffins on a baking tray and reheat in the oven at 180˚C until warmed through.
Microwave: For a quicker breakfast on the go option use the microwave. Place on a piece of paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Reheat gently in the microwave on medium power until hot and warmed through to the centre, about 30 seconds (from thawed) or 1 to 2 minutes (from frozen).