Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons (60ml) olive oil
- 4 pieces boerewors, approximately 150g each
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (60 ml) chilli or olive oil to fry
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- 4 hot dog rolls, sliced
- Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan and add the sliced onions. Gently fry for 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft and golden. Remove the onions to a separate bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan heat the chilli oil, or plain oil if you prefer, and fry the eggs until done to your liking.
- Boerewors is almost always braaied, but you can also pan fry. Cook the boerewors until it’s cooked through but still juicy.
To serve; place the boerewors into the fresh rolls and top with a fried egg and onions. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.