- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Salt to taste
- 8 thick slices 2-day-old bread – better if slightly stale
- Butter – as needed
- 60ml honey
- ¾ cup strawberries or seasonal berries
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla essence and salt until well blended. Transfer into a shallow dish that is suitable for dipping the bread into the egg mixture. Dip the bread, on both sides.
- Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Shake off the excess egg mixture from the bread and place the bread slices onto the hot skillet. Fry the French toast until browned on one side, then flip and brown the other side.
- Serve the French toast hot with butter, honey, and/or fresh berries.