Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 – 4 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon (5g) butter
- Optional – 50g white cheddar or a small portion of cooked, soft vegetables e.g., mushrooms, onion or spinach.
- Combine the egg and milk in a small bowl and whisk.
- Heat the butter in a small non-stick frying pan, cook the egg mixture over a low heat. Do not use a high temperature or the egg will burn and stick to the pan.
- Using a spatula “pull” the egg mixture gently to the centre of the pan, do this until the egg is cooked and the omelette set, it will look like a thick pancake.
- If adding cheese or vegetables, add now.
- Fold the omelette over.
- Transfer to a plate and allow to cool slightly, cut into bite sized strips before serving. Always test the temperature of the food before giving to baby.