Cooking time :1 hour 30 minutes
Hint: Left overs can be used as potato filling.
- 4 large potatoes, washed
- 10 ml (2 t) soft butter
- 125 ml (½ cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 g bacon, chopped and fried
- 250 g button mushroom, chopped and fried
- 4 extra large eggs
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Prick potatoes with a fork and rub with butter.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until done (±1 hour).
- Cut the potatoes horizontally and hollow.
- Mash the cut out potato pieces and mix with the cheese. Mix in with the cooked bacon and mushroom pieces.
- Divide and spoon the mixture into the potato cavities. Return to oven and reduce to 100ºC.
- Poach the eggs.
- Top potatoes with poached eggs and serve on fresh salad leaves.