Anytime of the day Shakshuka
- 30ml cooking oil.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika.
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 can chopped tomatoes.
- 1 can baked beans in tomato sauce (410g)
- 4-6 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat cooking oil in a large saucepan (with a lid) on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and red pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add spices and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the can of tomatoes into the pan, season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the baked beans and stir. Use a large serving spoon to make small wells in the mixture and crack the eggs into each well and season the eggs with salt.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!